Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting


  For my Acrylic Landscape Painting, I used a complimentary color scheme. The colors that I used were orange and blue. The first thing that I did for my painting was find four drawings that I was going to use; one for the sky, one for the hills, one for the water and one for the tree. Then I taped my paper to a piece of cardboard, and after that, I started with my sky by painting it a few different shades of light blue. Then I put in clouds and started painting the hills with different greens, tans, and browns. When I was done with that I started on the ocean with a darker, grayer blue and when that was dry, I painted the island and the boat on top of it. The last thing I did was paint my tree with greens and yellows and browns and add more detail onto my boat. For my light source, I decided that it would be coming from the upper left corner of my painting. I used different types of brush strokes as well. For the water I made my brush strokes more wavy, for the hills they were sloping down, and for the island and the sky they were straighter. I used a fan brush for the tree and just dabbed the paint on with it, and for the clouds I used a sponge. I also used a toothbrush to add speckles of rocks to the hills. I created value by adding different shades of color to my project. I added shadows to my boat and the tree and I put in different shades for the sky and the water. Atmospheric perspective as when the saturation of an object lessens as it gets further and further away. I created this by making the colors of my further objects a little more dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment